Denali is a hard red winter wheat which exhibits excellent test weight, good straw strength and good milling properties. It is medium-late in maturity. Yield reports of this variety have been very good in various growing conditions.
Denali has performed well in Colorado, Nebraska and Kansas with excellent yields. In 3-year dryland trials, Denali has consistently ranked near the top of the yield chart – beating out many popular, high-yielding varieties from the competition and even our own most-planted PlainsGold variety: Hatcher.
- High dryland and irrigated yields
- Excellent test weight
- Taller plant change to structure
Drought & Disease Profile
- Drought Tolerance: Good
- Stem Rust: Moderately resistant
- Stripe Rust: Moderately susceptible
- Leaf Rust: Moderately susceptible
- RWA Resistance: Susceptible